Transit Service Delivery Advisory Committee
- During the 2013 General Assembly Session, the Transit Service Delivery Advisory Committee (TSDAC) was established by SB1140 to advise DRPT in the development of a distribution process for transit capital and operating funds. The committee consists of representatives from the Virginia Transit Association (VTA), Community Transportation Association of Virginia (CTAV), Virginia Municipal League (VML), Virginia Association of Counties (VACO), and DRPT. For more information click here.
- DRPT has embarked on a Statewide Integrated Mobility Initiative to assist the department and its partner agencies in navigating the rapidly changing shared mobility landscape. New and alternative transportation services continue to evolve and enter the market, providing people with greater convenience in requesting, tracking, and paying for trips. Examples of these services include on-demand ride services, microtransit, technology-enabled shuttle services, carsharing, bikesharing, and scooters. These services can both compete with and complement transit service.
- This statewide integrated mobility initiative intends to do the following: i) identify what is happening in Virginia, the U.S., and around the world in terms of integrating shared mobility and transit and utilizing transit technology to measure and improve operations and tailor service in evolving mobility landscapes; ii) identify the positive and negative impacts of shared mobility on the transit industry in Virginia; and iii) document current and planned technology deployments of Virginia transit agencies, including planned partnerships or pilots involving shared mobility providers.
- This initiative ultimately will develop recommendations for DRPT and its partner agencies to implement in light of the changing mobility industry.
Dulles Corridor Metrorail
- The purpose of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project is to provide high-quality, high-capacity transit service in the Dulles Corridor. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) in cooperation with DRPT, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Fairfax County, and Loudoun County is working to construct a 23.1-mile extension of Metrorail in the rapidly growing Dulles Corridor in Fairfax and Loudoun counties, Virginia. Phase 1 was completed in Summer of 2014, with the Silver Line providing rail service connecting downtown Washington with Tysons Corner and Reston. The project is now entering the second and final phase, extending the Silver Line into Reston Town Center, Herndon, Washington Dulles International Airport, Route 606, and Ashburn. For questions or additional information regarding this Project, please contact the project office at (703) 572-0500 or at email@example.com. You can also visit the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project website at dullesmetro.com, or visit the MWAA website at mwaa.com.
- TransAM is the system DRPT uses to track the asset inventories of the transit providers across the Commonwealth. The asset data is currently used to determine when replacement assets should be funded, as well as to forecast state of good repair needs of the transit providers. Our recipients are responsible for updating the inventories when vehicles are received or sold, facilities are built or rehabbed, etc. Beginning in FY 20, capital funds will be allocated by a scoring mechanism similar to that of Smart Scale. The prioritization of replacement assets will be based on the data in TransAM, and it is imperative that that data is accurate